“From Mere Depiction – To A Work Of Art”
Hosted by the Western Art Rodeo Association – Dedicated to the Promotion of Quality Art
Jeff Wolf – Master Instructor
Whether you are a seasoned professional or in the beginning phases of your sculpting career, this four day course is designed to enhance any sculptor’s ability and knowledge by effectively applying and understanding the principles of art.
The course will cover the following:
- Anatomy, Balance, Composition, Design, Negative space, Mass, Mirroring and Mimicking images both Negative and Positive.
- You will teach a unique and effortless method of learning by identifying individual shapes and forms and how they relate to one another much like assembling a puzzle.
- Emphasize the importance of the base which supports the main subject and how it should complement rather than dominate the sculpture.
All beginning students will start the course by sculpting the equine head from the skull to a finished bust. Plus learning to create small quick studies and finish the course by creating a small sculpture of their choice of subject matter.
Advanced students will continue improvement on works already in progress, plus joining in on any exercise that is being covered with the beginning students.
2013 Workshop Dates:
- March 6th – 9th – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Daily
- August 14th – 17th – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Daily
- Oct. 2nd – 5th – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Daily
Costs and Requirements:
Tuition Fee includes three nights lodging and noon meal each day.
If lodging is not required it will be deducted from the tuition fee.
Maximum enrollment: 10 students per workshop
Beginning Students: All materials will be provided and included in the tuition fee. course….$770.00
Advanced Students: Bring 1 to 2 works at any stage of progress…….$725.00
Workshops will be held at Hone’s Studio
7254 S. 3200 W.
Spanish Fork (Benjamin), Utah 84660
Workshops Fill up Fast – Reserve Your Seat Now!
- Phone – 435.691.0912
- E-mail at email@example.com
Testimonials from Jeff’s Students and Clients